June 9, 2002
By: Brian Pearcy
Click on Pictures for Larger Image
I have been told that this coupe is one of 2 that was built by AC Schnitzer. One was built as an demonstrator and this one that was made for a custumer. The car is cosmos black and has black and red leather interior. The car is equiped with the following parts…
* RS height adjustable suspension front and rear
* RS brakes front and rear, 333 mm front disk internaly ventilated, with floating brake calipper and 328 rear disk internaly ventilated. 200 kph – 0 kph in 5,2 sec (app 140 meters)
* RS exhaust 2 x twin
* Removal of the toppspeed limit
* Front spoiler*
* Rear spoiler*
* Specially made Seats, reduce the weight of the car by app 50 kg
* Navigation system
* Velocity High End sound system.
* Short Shift system
* BBS Le Mans wheels 8,5 ET 30mm – 10 ET 23mm x18″
* Continental Sport Contact N1,225/40-18 and 285/30-18. This is a special tire developed for the Porsche 996 GT3 and has an extremly soft rubber mix
* The engine is stock but was build with the use of handpicked parts that are individually picked to fit 100% together
* Spoilers reduce the lift in the car form app 35 kg in the front and 55 kg in the rear to 0 kg front and rear at 200 kph
The former owner drove the Nurdburgring in Germany on 8 min,14. That is fast. They also tested this car on the Hockenheim ring and timed it to 1,15,38 sec. To compare the Ferrari 360 Modena use 1,17,09, Porsche 996 GT3 use 1,15,08 and the Viper GTS (Euro) with 384 HP use 1,16,34 sec.
ref: Auto Motor und Sport no: 23 3 November 1999.